Monday 1 June 2015

Hair Care: Recommended Products for Natural Hair

These products are recommended based on my experience.
I don't even know if anybody will be interested in this post but I get a lot of lovely comments on my hair so I thought I'd share
 some of the products I've been using for a while and highly recommend. This post is mainly aimed at girls with afro-textured hair because most of the products are quite oily/greasy & I know they work better on that type of hair from my own experience but are not limited to that audience only.
They may/may not work for all but hopefully for some ...

 
 Organics Hair Mayonnaise (Conditioner)

If you do not have this in your life...GIRL!
This is probably the MOST recommended of all the products I'm going to list.
I use this as a conditioner and let me tell you it has saved my hair in the process. It is great for weak and damaged hair as stated on the front but guys, this does wonders for your hair I'm telling you. I use probably 1/2 or 3/4 of a tub all over my hair (the more the merrier) and then put a plastic cap on top or cling film works too and leave for about 30 minutes. Wash it out and then I'm good to go. It's been really good for my scalp and keeping my hair soft. So I definitely recommend this!

Blue Magic Coconut Oil Hair Conditioner (Grease)
 
Even though it's called a conditioner, this is actually a grease.
We all know by now that coconut oil is great so I'm not surprised this product works well. I just use this when I grease my hair and it is very moisturising and stays like that for a good amount of days. I don't know what else to say about this apart from if you're looking for a good grease for your natural hair this might be the one. I have used this Blue Magic grease for a long time and can say it has been great in keeping my hair greasy for a good few days and not drying out instantly.
 
 ORS Heat Protection Hair Serum (Heat Protector)

This product was actually recommended to me by someone else. Years ago I followed this american black girl on Tumblr and she had such amazing long natural hair so I messaged her asking if she had any tips and she recommended this. Not gonna lie it took years until I actually bothered to buy it but I should have done so a long time ago. Believe it or not I've never used heat protector before this, which means my hair is probably so damaged in places but the first time I used this and my hair went dead straight I was so shocked. It smells good and is oily so it moisturises your hair as well as protecting it. Saves all that greasing the hair before straightening to get it straighter (DON'T do that) I feel like my hair straightens better with this, as well as, using my carbon comb whilst straightening.
 
Organic Root Simulator/ORS Olive Oil Sheen Spray

To end the list, a spray but not just any spray. This spray is the one! I'm pretty sure most black people have this in their household already lool but I'll still include it. I've noticed that when my hair is feeling a little dry I spray this on the ends and edges and brush it through and my hair is softer and easier to maintain. This is great for spraying over hair to add a little more moisture or a little sheen. I sometimes spray it over my bun when I'm done to add a sheen to it but it's also great on the scalp. Also if you have braids and just want to moisture your scalp it says on the tin it's good for that.

Hair after washing vs Hair after straightening

I've listed the products in the order that they would be used from washing hair to styling it. All these products can be found in Paks and other hair shops. If people want any further info on them from my experience, contact me on my email in my sidebar rather than my comments so I can give a direct and thorough response. I'm not a hair expert, these are just my opinions and although they might not work for everyone, every tip helps I guess.

love&kisses, Tee xo
Portfolio | Instagram | Tumblr | Depop

5 comments:

  1. awesome products! i also have the olive oil product in the green bottle, love the smell of that one
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great product, glad it works for you too! x

      Delete
  2. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. vlove yoni detox pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page! https://www.launchora.com/story/11-best-oils-for-hair-growth-in-pakistan-uk-and-u

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. fait a la main

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is much appreciated! Tia Aaliyah xx