Tuesday 23 June 2015

Festival Outfit Ideas - Wireless 2015


So I've only ever been to one festival before and this year I'm about to go to another one. Wireless festival is NEXT WEEK and I cant wait, Drake you better turn up! I've never been before but I'm hoping it's not as muddy as the last festival I went to.
I'm still trying to piece together an outfit for the day so thought I'd turn it into a post incase I was not alone in this struggle. I've tried to cover something for everyone & any kind of festival, the items can be swapped with alternatives obviously, colour wise or you might wanna take something from one outfit and mix it with another.
 
Outfit 1:Dashiki/Dresses
This is the one I'm currently leaning towards, I really want a Dashiki and I'm loving the beautiful colours they come in. I've been considering a blue or green one and wearing it with trainers or boots. For this outfit I paired it with gladiator sandals which would look nice with any dress/tshirt dress. If the day is nice why not wear a dress, easy to move around just remember to eb ware when you are jumping around. I also added a small bag to put your things in e.g. glasses, camera, fringed styles are always coming in and out of fashion so I love this black one and finally a green polish to match.
 
Outfit 2: Denim & Kimonos
I'm not one for getting my legs out unless its overly hot & unavoidable. I live in trousers and jeans so this one is for the girls who might wanna dress more casual or if the weathers not looking too great. I chose two different denim styles; high waisted & boyfriend. Pairing both with white bralets, which could be swapped for any colour as well as some light trainers e.g. converse. A kimono is perfect festival attire because they're light and flowy so you won't get too hot with it on. I'm currently looking for some long summery ones as an outfit idea for myself.
 
Outfit 3: Co-Ords/Shorts
Now I'm not a shorts person but it appears that shorts are always a go to item for festivals. If you don't want to go for the usual denim shorts, a great alternative is a pair with a nice print or even going one step further and getting a co-ord. I know Missguided is great for Co-Ords at the moment so check them out. Again a kimono is great to throw on top especially if you're a little self conscious. A good pair of boots should help you trek through the mud without losing a shoe, can't beat a pair of Dr. Martens. I opted for a bum bag for this outfit, if you're not carrying much & don't want the annoying bag on your shoulder this is probably the best thing to go for.
 
Outfit 4: Jumpsuits
First of all I LOVE this jumpsuit. It popped up when I was putting this outfit together on Polyvore. The best thing about jumpsuits is they can be worn through all weather conditions. This paired with a nice shoulder bag and some converse maybe would make a cute summery outfit. Damn I like this even for a normal day. The accessories for this outfit are just colours within the jumpsuit that can be made to stand out more.
 
I can see me still deciding on an outfit next week to be honest. Let's hope that's not the case! Hope everyone that's going to festivals this summer has fun, I've just finished uni so this is my end of education celebration basically. 
If anybody wants me to style a particular item, comment it beow.
 
love&kisses, Tee xo
Portfolio | Instagram | Tumblr | Depop
 

4 comments:

  1. I love the second outfit, its something I can see myself wearing and feeling completely comfortable. The first outfit is also amazing I could imagine how it would look and id love to wear something like that for a festival x

    stylingfaithfully.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outfit 1 and 3. YES. And 2. And 4. You know, just everything. These are THE perfect festival outfit ideas! The boldness of 1 makes me want to cry happy tears and just gear up for a festival. Omg. Congrats on finishing Uni!

    May x • THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is much appreciated! Tia Aaliyah xx